Length: 8 Hours
This course covers the fundamentals of shipping hazardous materials. Our 10-step approach encompasses all of the activities, which must be addressed when preparing a hazardous material for shipment. This course has been updated to include recent changes to the regulations, including HM-215D. The course meets the requirements for training as specified in 49 CFR 172 Subpart H, including testing of participants. This course uses the J.J. Keller “Hazmat Training Basics” course material and does not cover driver training as required for each HAZMAT employee who will operate a motor vehicle.
Regulation: 49 CFR 172
Hazardous materials (HAZMAT) training now applies to any individual who:
- Loads, unloads or handles hazardous materials.
- Marks, labels, or otherwise prepares containers, drums, or packaging for transportation of hazardous materials.
- Prepares hazardous materials shipping papers for transportation Is responsible for safety of transporting hazardous materials.
Course Objectives (Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to):
- Locate and use the Federal hazardous materials regulations.
- Properly label and mark hazardous materials containers for shipment.
- Complete Bill of Lading for hazardous materials.
- Select the proper packaging for hazardous materials.
- Understand the vehicle placarding requirements.
- Develop appropriate emergency response information to accompany shipment.