Length: 8 Hours
The goal of this OSHA mandated 8 hours of annual refresher training is to provide personnel involved with the cleanup of hazardous waste sites the knowledge to safely work in a hazardous environment. This course is intended to assist in satisfying the annual training requirement of the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) rule, found in Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1910.120.1926.65. The standard was specifically developed to protect workers that may be exposed to hazardous waste at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites and at EPA licensed waste treatment, storage and disposal facilities; as well as workers responding to emergencies involving hazardous materials (such as spills).
Regulation: 29 CFR 1910.120
All employees certified as Hazardous Materials Technicians or Specialists in need of annual re-certification and refresher training.
- Refresh your knowledge and understanding of the requirements for hazardous waste operations and emergency response (HAZWOPER), as required by 29 CFR 1910.120 and 29 CFR 1926.65
- To help satisfy the annual HAZWOPER training required for re-certification.
- Review of new and emerging issues in HazMat (1 hour)
- Planning & Organization (1 hour)
- Physical & Chemical Properties & Exposure (1 hour)
- Hazard Evaluation (1 hour)
- Personal Protective Equipment (1 hour)
- Monitoring (1 hour)
- Decontamination (1 hour)
- Emergency Response (1 hour)